MSRP: Starting at $15,000 USD.
For 2015, Shasta has created a nearly exact replica of it’s iconic 1961 Shasta Airflyte 16SC Travel Trailer complete with the legendary Shasta wings! Shasta started in 1941 and to commemorate their 75th anniversary they are producing a limited construction of 1,941 trailers and will be available in all three original colors; Matador Red, Seafoam Green, and Butternut Yellow.
Shasta has paid close attention to duplicate every small detail down to the original Shasta logo magazine rack. The new Shasta Airflytes will also feature an all-in-one bathroom with a toilet and shower in place of the closet to meet the desires of today’s campers.
The Airflyte “canned ham trailer” has a vintage interior that remains close to the original, but with all modern appliances and plumbing. Some tweaks have been made though: for example, instead of a twin-size bed, the reproduction accommodates more people by allowing for a full bed. A bunk bed option is also available. This will feature the same full bed/dinette and bunks.
It comes with a dog-bone pattern Formica on the counter tops, and birch cabinet doors, as well as LED lighting. Tuck-and-roll pleather matching the exterior color, that looks old, is on the bench seating in the dining area. The floor is also made of black-and-white vinyl.
This new travel trailer boasts tons of storage throughout with sleek finishes! The Shasta weights roughly 2,270 pounds, making it easily tow-able behind most SUVs, sedans, and mini vans. So, enjoy the finer things in life with this 2015 Shasta AirFlyte 16.
- Concealed Radio Controls w/ Aux Input
- Hidden Bluetooth stereo
- Dinette w/ two tone, tuck-and-roll pleather wi silver welt
- Dinette makes 54″ x 76″ front bed
- Rear bench makes 39” x 56″ bed
- “Dogbone” pattern Formica counter tops trimmed with aluminum edging
- Bathroom with toilet and shower where the original closet would be
- Birch wood cabinet doors and other interior features
- “Scalloped” cabinet doors with retro “Chevron” handles
- Shasta Logo Magazine Rack
- Black and White checkerboard vinyl flooring
- Interior color scheme to match exterior
- All Interior Lights are LED
- Original Gas Lamp reproduced to look like 1961 gas lamp is LED
- Throwback Hehr Jalouise Windows
- 3 Burner Cooktop
- 3 Way ReferSS Micro Oven
- 3-Wat Refrigerator with Freezer
- Hidden flip-down stabilizer jacks
- Hidden outside speakers
- LED exterior lights made like ’61 retro style
- 24″ wide entry door (original 22″)
- Friction hinge door
- LED Lighted Door Handle
- Hidden air condition
- Jalousie windows true to original (except back
- Same 3 Original Colors fire escape window)
- Wings are to Exact Original Dimensions
- Same 3 Original Colors to choose from:
Matador Red (color from GM in 1961)
- Wide Sidewall Radial Tires
- Rope and Pole Awning
- 30 AMP Service
- Original Log Style Aluminum Sliding
SPECS for 2015 Shasta Airflyte 16 Reissue Travel Trailer:
|Exterior Length||16′ 3.75″|
|Exterior Width||7′ 0″|
|Interior Height (with A/C)||6′ 4″|
|Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (lbs)||2,470|
|Fresh Water Capacity (gals)||25|
|Gray Waste Water Capacity (gals)||18|
|Black Waste Water Capacity (gals)||11|
|Water Heater (gals) Gas/Electric||6|