Note: These pages are for those of you searching for our original informational posts and reviews that made Roaming Times so popular. Please view current information at Class C
2014 Winnebago Trend 23B Class C Motorhome Review
Let your RV adventure start here.
The Trend offers fuel economy with a compact-sized, affordable motorhome. Built on the new Ram ProMaster chassis, the new Winnebago Trend comfortable living space for four to six people, and sleeps up to six. Both 23 floor plans offer a powered StudioLoft bed that lifts tight to the ceiling to conserve space during the day. Other features include energy-saving LED lighting and soft, easy-to-clean Ultraleather furniture. An industry first - added three-point seat belts to the dinette seating.
This RV has a full length awning with built-in LED lighting for a large patio area. A standard, tankless water heater, an on-demand hot water that is fuel-efficient. The water heater take very little LP and you benefit from endless hot showers. Exterior storage for both 23L and 23B Models is 16 feet. The motorhome is prewired for Satellite and powered ventilator fans in bath and galley.
LED tail lights and LED throughout interior/exterior consumes less energy. Narrower bodied coach is easier to maneuver; at just 24 long this compact length is easy to park. Door to the inside has exterior steps that come out from underneath the camper so no interior steps nor step well. Has an assist handle with convenient cubby storage, and no wasted stair well square footage.
Interiors include a rear bath with dry shower that cleans itself. The shower sliding door has built-in squeegees to clean excess water residue. An extra large sink with high faucet has a medicine storage cabinet behind the mirror and a curved storage cabinet below. A window with a rollershade system is also a feature of this bathroom.
A large galley kitchen features lots of storage above and below a flip top glass dual burner stove, and a double bowl sink. Model 23L has a folding faucet. Pleasing indirect, ambient lighting throughout kitchen. Includes a pantry cabinet with pull out drawers, as well as all the cabinets, feature cabinet doors with enamel backs to easily keep clean are imported from Italy, with no warping. Since the motor home has a tough environment for cabinetry, these doors with last! Positive latches on all cabinet doors and drawers will prevent opening during travel. Galley includes a big refrigerator, microwave, a mid-coach High Definition television, and additional storage drawers for a well-equipped kitchen.
The long sofa, dinette bench, and cab seats that swivel to become integral living components for ample seating. The split dinette table swivels to expand or contract the amount of table needed. Overhead storage cabinets include a second television for viewing while in the living room. For sleeping, this long sofa flattens with the dinette, and a flex bed loft system drops down out of the ceiling. This loft bed is queen sized, has a privacy curtain, ladder, and lighting. In the 23L Model, a corner bedroom is available that sleeps two. The 23B Model utilizes the drop down loft bed, the sofa, and the dinette seating for sleeping space. The cab area has a skylight overhead with deep storage on either side. The skylight comes with a pleated blackout shade for comfortable sleeping and privacy.
- Cab has Radio/Rearview Monitor System 5" LCD touch screen
color monitor w/GPS, SiriusXM (one year
complimentary subscription included) ,
iPod/MP3 input, color rearview camera,
- Airbags driver and front passenger, side curtain,
seat-mounted side pelvic-thorax
- Power Exterior Mirrors w/Defrost/Turn Signal
- 26" HDTV (23B) (mid-coach)
- LED lights
- Coach Stereo System AM/FM, CD/DVD player, Bluetooth,
front input jack and alarm clock
- Skylight w/shade
- StudioLoft w/electric lift, privacy curtain and ladder
- Laminate Countertops
- Cold Water Filtration System
- 2-Burner Range Top w/Glass Cover
- Microwave Oven
- Single-Door Refrigerator/Freezer
- Double Stainless Steel Sink w/Wood Sink Covers (23B)
- Powered Roof Vent (galley, bath)
- Retractable, Self-Cleaning Shower Screen
- Flexible Showerhead
- Powered Patio Awning w/LED Lighting
- Automatic Entrance Door Steps
- 13,500 BTU Roof-Mount, High-Efficiency A/C w/Heat Strip
- Power Cord Compartment 30-amp Power Cord, Cable
TV Input, Portable Satellite Dish Hookup
- 20,000 BTU Low-Profile, Ducted Furnace
- Exterior Speaker System
- Deep-Cycle, Group 31 AGM Battery
- AC/DC Load Center, 45-amp. Converter/Charger
- 2,800-watt Cummins Onan Gas Generator
- Exterior AC Duplex Receptacle and TV Jack
- Automatic Dual Battery Charge Control
- Water Tank Fill w/Lockable Door
- Tankless Water Heater
- On-Demand Water Pump
- Service Center Pressurized City Water Hookup,
Exterior Wash Station w/Pump Switch